Liverpool Line Up Move for Aston Villa Striker Darren Bent
Anfield side keen on consistent Villa Park forward.
Liverpool are said to be lining up a bid for Aston Villa striker Darren Bent who is said to be nearing a full recovery from an ankle injury that has kept him sidelined for much of the second half of the current campaign. Kenny Dalglish is reportedly interested in the England international who still has hopes of making Roy Hodgson's Euro 2012 squad.
The 28 year old former Tottenham and Sunderland forward had netted a healthy total of nine goals in 22 Premier League appearances before he picked up his injury in late February and there was a great deal of speculation that a falling out with boss Alex McLeish may well lead to a bid from prospective suitors but talk of a summer exit died down following Bent's ruptured ligament injury.
... [via CaughtOffside]
- Long: Hodgson deserves this chance (Fifa )
- Selection fears for England internationals after... (Soccerlens )
- Fulham midfielder Murphy plays down England talk (Goal )
- EURO 2012: Phil Jagielka wants England call-up (Daily Mail )
- VIDEO: Focus Forum on Hodgson and England (SPORT 2 )
- VIDEO: Brunt praises 'fantastic' Hodgson (SPORT 1 )