Google Translate: Instant Sign Conversion
Google Translate for Android has a new version 2.5 this morning with the ability to translate parts of images using your phones rear-facing camera. This feature can be used by tapping the camera icon, tapping the screen to take a picture, then highlighting what you want to translate, reports Android Central. Youll need at least Android 2.3 Gingerbread to use image translation.
With Google Translate you can:
- Translate text between 64 languages
- Translate by speaking the text instead of typing it (17 languages)
- Use camera to take a picture and brush text to translate (available on Android 2.3 and above).
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (40 languages)
- Communicate with another person using speech-to-speech translation in Conversation Mode (ALPHA, 14 languages)
- Display... [via Dailywireless]